Aligning An Estate Plan With Your Current Needs
No matter your age or current financial situation, you need to have a plan in place in case you suddenly become incapacitated or pass away. Once you reach adulthood, it is never too early to create an estate plan. Based in Green Bay, the attorneys at Adolph Legal can design a personalized estate plan to match your wishes.
When Should You Create Or Update Your Estate Plan?
Unfortunately, many people view estate planning as something only the elderly or wealthy need to do. In actuality, nearly everyone can benefit by having a plan in place and updating it at regular intervals. Life events often serve as a helpful trigger to create or update a plan. Ask yourself if any of the following apply:
- Do you need to name a guardian and provide for your minor children?
- Have your children become legal adults?
- Have you married, remarried or divorced?
- Have your health care wishes changed?
- Do you wish to change your beneficiary designations?
- Has the value of your estate significantly changed?
- Do you need to name a successor for your business?
- Has it been three to five years since you created or reviewed your estate plan?
If you answered yes to any of the above, it’s time to create an estate plan or update your existing plan. Aside from life changes, regular review ensures your estate plan complies with any changes to state or federal tax laws.
Schedule An Appointment To Get Started
Would you like to discuss your estate planning needs with a lawyer in further detail? Take a proactive approach and call us at 920-471-0577 or reach us via email to schedule an appointment at our office in Green Bay. We serve all of Brown County and Northeast Wisconsin.